Thursday 2 April 2009

Watchmen was AWESOME...
























So I went to see Watchemen this week and MY LORRDDD that film is awesome. I remember the day it came out, the majority of people's status on facebook was 'wow...watchmen aint all that' so I went in expecting to be not that impressed, but it turns out that was crazy talk from them.

I went into the film knowing nothing of it, I had seen a few trailers but that just showed me how amazing it looked, the effects, the lightining etc etc, not relly what the film was about. I was shocked to see how deep it was, there was some real f'd up moments in the film, but it was so so good.

*The Plot*
The story takes place in an alternate timeline in which masked, costumed vigilantes fight crime in America. In the 1930s and 40s, the vigilantes form a group called the Minutemen. Decades later, a second generation of superheroes attempt to form a team as well, calling themselves the Watchmen.

Thats a very basic idea of where the film is at, but it gets much deeper, its very political, has to do with world war 3, all sorts. I think alot of people's problem with the film must be that they went in thinking its like spiderman or something, and when they found out its not 90% action they were like WTF am I watching here.

The film is very story driven, but it does have some fantastic action scenes in there and some brutal deaths which were awesome (in sick way). Hands down my favourite character from the film was a weirdo character called Rorschach who was just soooo badass, but he was very troubled.




















I don't wanna go into to much more detail but let me just say the film is badass and everyone should see it. 9/10


0 comments: