Tuesday 11 August 2009

Gym Day 15...Chest and Shoulders...


I have decided to change up my routine for a few weeks. I forgot my ds recently when I was going on a lil train journey and while my ipod is great, I need to be double stimulated *pause* when on a boring train journey. So I had a looksi in my bag to see what magazine I had keeping the back flat for me and it was one of my old body building magazines. I haven't read one of these for a while and it was interesting to see what they advised. I saw a great arm only work out, so I figured I would give it a go, so I would change up my normal routine of chest and triceps one day and back and biceps the next.

Sooooo yesterday I did Chest and Shoulders, Tomorrow I plan on doing Back and Traps and Friday I will do an all arm workout (Triceps, Biceps and Forearms).

So onto yesterdays work out, started out with 2 sets on the chest press machine to warm up. Did about 20-25 reps on that. Then moved on to do some incline bench press. I did one more warm up set on this, using 20 kgs for 20 reps. Then I moved up to 82.5 kgs where I managed a nice 6 reps which I was happy about, probably could have got a few more out if I had a spotter. I then went down to 72.5 kgs and did 8 reps, then 62.5 kgs for 9 reps.

I then moved to the upper chest press machine. Started with 50 kgs and pulled out 8 reps with a load of partials after that. Then moved down to 45 kgs and did the same amount of reps for 2 more sets.

Then the most painful exercise which is the pec dec. Did about 3 sets on that, going up in weight each time, where I started on 42 kgs. I managed about 8-10 reps on these.

And due to the benches being used and someone on the cable machine I did 2 more sets on the incline bench press machine.

At this point I was drained but figured if I don't work my shoulders now I never will. Moved to the shoulder press machine and did about 5 sets. 3 sets on 20 kgs for 10-15 reps. 1 set of 30 kgs for 8-10 reps and 1 set of 40 kgs for about 5 reps (bloody hell that hurt).

Then my fav shoulder exercise, lateral raises. Did 3 sets of 10 with 8 kg dumbbells, the 10 kg ones were being used ¬_¬.

To finish I did a punishing front raise work out where I did 20 reps back to back starting with 7 kg dumbbells, then 6kg, then 5kg, then 4kg and so on until I got to the lightest dumbbels and they felt like a ton lol.

It was a good work out and I can bloody feel the pain today.

0 comments: