Sunday 21 March 2010

The 50 Cent Concert was AAAmazing...

So my day started semi badly with a terrible 2-2 result in my football match...oh did I mention I had a penalty saved and this team is bottom of the league :( nooooooooo. Anywho as soon as that was done I was offski to Wembley to see Fiddy.

I thought the journey from Highgate to Wembley would be a nightmare, but it was surprisingly quick. I get out of the station and 3 cops surround me and tell me 'sorry sir but you look like you are under the influence of drugs, I'm going to have to stop and search you under some stop and search act' ... my reaction was like REALLY...me? Ok go ahead. So they waste a nice 15 mins of my time and make me look like a crook infront of the all the people walking buy, as expected they didn't find anything and I was on my way.

Soon as I left the station I spotted a Mickey D's which was a right touch, was soooo hungry, so a quarter pounder (no cheese), large fries and a spirte went down lovely.

Anywho made it to the venue, the line wasn't that crazy actually, seems we got there early enough, got in the building at exactly 7pm. Got 2 drinks, the guy asked for £8..I spat out my drink and said WHAAAAAAT!! anywho went in, wasn't sure what to expect, never seen the venue before but it was pretty cool, not that many people were there yet so we got pretty close.

Some rnb singer was performing with 2 hotties, my bro said is he latino? I was like hmm...I cant tell, after he finishes he speaks and he is some scottish guy..o_O very strange, the mug didn't even tell us his name so I can't even google him.

After that lil intermission Skepta came out to do a few tracks. Never been a fan of him, not sure why he just annoys me, but mayne he did a good little set and he has a bit of stage presents. He brought out JME also which was pretty big.

Then came G-Frsh, I've heard maybe 4 songs of his and love them all, he smacked it, was good to see someone I didn't expect to ever see live, he has a song with Tinie Tempah called 'Afar' and I just knew when he performed that Tinie would come out, and he smacked it also. He started with 'tears, then did 'Wifey' then did 'Passout' and everyone went nuts.

Tinie dropped the bombshell on everyone and said ok guys I'm off, 50 will be on in an HOUR..ouch, you could hear everyone saying an hour? WTF!!! So year a nice hour wait for them to sett up the stage, I don't understand why they couldnt have done that before and just cover it up..but whatever.

So finally 50's show starts and what an awesome intro, they had a massive projector up showing loads of before i self destruct art art work, then a video or the earth crumbling and stuff, then you could see 50's silhouette in the background holding a gun pointing at the crowd...the curtain drops then he is up there performing and Banks and Yayo come running out, soooo sick.


I couldn't believe some of the songs he performed, songs from mixtapes and some not so well known one's I thought anyways, was just perfect. For example he performed his song magic stick which he did with lil kim and rider part 2. After a while he was like fuck it its time and did In Da Club and the place just went CRAZY...he then said I'm out..and I was fully prepared for that to be the end of the show, I was like yep he's done all his bangers, great show..but then they come out and say who wants him back? And then does even more songs and everyone song I was like oh yeh..thats a big tune...he's just got tooooo many bangers in his catalogue.

A funny moment during the show was when he stopped the music and pointed at some girl and said 'do I know you? you sure? you sure we havent slept together before? you remind me of someone' then went into his song London girl, was jokes. He also brought up to random lil kids to perform with him and it was very cool, they MUST have been plants though as they were bubbling way to good to the music.

They had a few set breaks during the show when 50 went off to get changed, one was with Governor, who is the singer on 50's track 'Do You Think About Me' he stayed after performing that and sang Marvin Gaye's lets get it on. Banks then had his time to shine, which was fucking cool..the PLK did a nice set where he started off from the beginning with On Fire, went on to his last album Rotten Apple and performed Hands up which was dope. Then of course his new single Beamer, Benz or Bentley which just pop'D off crazy.

Yayo got his shine too, 50 pointed out this was the first time Yayo had been let into London, due to his previous convections and stuff and the first thing he wanted to do was...and it went straight into his song So Seductive.

They then ended the show again, and said ok we out, then Dj Whoo Kid said 'where you guys going, this is London you can't leave yet'...50 was saying security is ready to end the show, how much is it gonna cost to keep going? And he says its gonna be like a grand every 5 minutes? And he goes fuck it then and performed some more.

It was an epic show, best concert I have been to for sure. I saw Kanye at Wireless Festival last year and that was very impressive, but 50 is my favourite and he delivered.

0 comments: